Saturday, October 26, 2013
Reading Literature Standard 6 (Craft & Structure)
K. With prompting and support, name the author and illustrator of a story and define the role of each in telling the story.
1. Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
2. Acknowledge differences in the points of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for each character when reading dialogue aloud.
3. Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
4. Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated, including the difference between first- and third-person narrations.
5. Describe how a narrator’s or speaker’s point of view influences how events are described.
6. Explain how an author develops the point of view of the narrator or speaker in a text.